“To make your Christmas more memorable”
In the 1870s, the royal couple of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy would often spend and enjoy the Christmas holidays in the Royal Palace of Gödöllő. The Royal Palace with enchanting Christmas decoration will welcome again guests with special programmes in the Christmas holidays, the happiest season of the year.
10.20-10.50 The Christmas of Wind Band – Opening Concert in the Ornamental Hall of the Palace
11.00-13.00 Let us meet Queen Elisabeth in the Ornamental Hall of the Palace!
The purchase of entrance ticket for the permanent exhibition is needed for participation.
13.30-14.00 The Spirit of Advent – Chamber Orchestra Concert Admission is free.
14.30-15.30 Story from Betlehem performed by the Maszk Bábszínház (Mask Puppet Theatre) Admission is free.
16.00-18.00 Christmas Concert by the Arpeggio Guitar Band in the Riding Hall of the Palace Admission fee: 3200 HUF
16.30-17.00 Preparing for the Christmas Holidays – Harp-violin duet concert
Admission is free.
18.00-19.15 Absurd Comedy by Zsolt Pozsgai in the Baroque Theatre of the Palace
Admission fee: 3900 HUF
11.00-12.30 Christmas Concert by the Frédéric Chopin Music School in the Riding Hall of the Palace. Admission is free.
11.30-12.30 The Present of the Snowman – Puppet theatre play performed by Sanyi, Me and the Children. Admission is free.
14.00-14.30 The Spirit of Advent - Chamber Orchestra Concert Admission is free.
15.00-16.00 Icy Tale – Fairy Tale Play in the Baroque Theatre of the Palace
performed by the Group of the Thalia Academy of Theatre (adaptation based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen) Admission is free.
15.30-16.30 “The royal couple have arrived again home, to Hungary" - Lecture about how the royal family in small circle celebrated Christmases at Gödöllő and Buda, by Dóra Kovács Admission is free.
Other programmes and events:
• Festivity in the Palace – Museum Education Programmes offered for families with young children. The programme involves dressing in costumes, arts and crafts activities, like preparing Christmas presents and Christmas tree decoration. Venue: the Rudolph Wing of the Palace
• The Golden Treasure of the Bunker – Escape Game. Booking in advance is needed via email: email@example.com
• Special Guided tour to the “garderobe” of Queen Elisabeth
• Christmas market of artisans’ hand-made products
• Hungarian style sausages and meat products, Hungarian chimney cake, roasted chestnut, hot wine and punch
The music concert programmes are supported by the Duna Szimfonikus Zenekar (Danube Symphonic Orchestra) as well as the Frédéric Chopin Music School of Gödöllő that will offer music performance in the event.
28th December The Christmases of Queen Elisabeth - Special programme for families
For further information, you may enquire the contact addresses below:
The Palace Museum reserves the right to change the above programme.